4/2/08

First off, I just want you to know that I'm OK.

Bikeradar.com posted a list of April Fool's jokes that bicyclists can play. (here)

My favorite is the fourth one where you call home and instead of saying hi or hello you start with: "first off, I just want you to know that I'm ok." Allow a pregnant pause and then ask a mundane question like "what is for dinner?" Allow hilarity to ensue.

I told you that story so I could tell you this one:
First off, I want you to know that I'm ok.

...

Yesterday I was hit by a car. No april fool's joke here. I'm not going to go into exactly what happened here (if you are truly interested, email me) but just know that I'm doing ok. Took some time off work to go to urgent care and my chiropractor today. X-rays on my leg came back negative but I am very sore. I opened a claim with the driver's insurance and because I don't know how that is all going to go, I'm choosing to err on the side of caution and not publicly post any details.

Once I'm through what will likely become an ordeal, I plan on posting a thorough "what to do if you are struck by a vehicle" article. Currently, I only know some of what I should be doing.