6/17/08

Missed Train

Well, it was bound to happen. I missed the train.

Normally, this wouldn't be an issue because I usually take the second to last train south, but I've been working late and taking the last train home so far this week. And today I missed it by (according to my best guess) about 7 minutes.

Seven minutes can cost you a lot of time.

Luckily, the first time I took the Coaster (for my interview) I came home before the afternoon trains started running, so I had an idea of how to get home without the train. So I knew just to follow PCH (Hwy 101) and to keep an eye on my rear view mirror for the aptly named 101 bus.

I caught the 101 bus in Solana Beach at about 6:30pm and rode it down to University Towne Center where I switched to a 41 bus around 7:15pm. From there on to the trolley at 7:50pm which I took to the 13 bus and rode the last half mile home from my bus stop. I got home at 8:40pm. If I had caught the train I would've been home by 7:15pm.

Seven minutes cost me an hour and 25 minutes.

What a bummer.

Tonight I've earned a home brew and a quesadilla.

-Matt

Add to Technorati Favorites

468x60 REI Spring

Direct link to REI Cycling store